Virginia Beach, VA
Salary: $17.00 to $21.00 /hour
***This Position requires nearly 100% continuous travel***
Employee will provide logistical support for the Maritime Administration’s fleet of ships to ensure all required parts and equipment are maintained onboard.
Employee must have the following:
- A working practical knowledge of common hull, mechanical, and electrical shipboard systems including, but not limited to, ventilation, electrical systems, propulsion, hydraulics, auxiliary, valves, pumps and motors.
- Familiarity with repair parts and a basic ability to read and interpret technical manuals, drawings and blueprints.
- Ability to research equipment and parts using name plate data, technical manuals and drawings in order to identify equipment make and model, spare parts support, stock numbers, and determine authorized substitutions.
- Ability to input equipment and spare parts data into automated logistics databases and programs.
Required Experience, Training & Certifications:
- Employee must be able to navigate ladders, brows and other tight ship board spaces.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Office products.
- 2-5 years previous shipboard or shipyard experience a plus.
- Prior experience as a U.S. Navy or U.S. Coast Guard Machinist’s Mate, Boiler Technician, Enginemen, Electrician’s Mate, Gas Turbine System Technician a plus.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
- ***Extensive Continuous Travel Required***
Required Security Clearance Eligibility:
Applicant must be a US Citizen and able to obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential.