Cherry Point, NC
Salary: $28.00 to $31.00 /hour
Performs as a skilled Power Line Mechanic at VMGR-252 aboard MCAS Cherry Point with a diverse and knowledgeable background maintaining KC-130 aircraft system components for the Customer; perform scheduled and unscheduled and unscheduled maintenance, troubleshooting repair and servicing or related structures of the KC-130 aircraft.
– Troubleshoot malfunctions in Power Plants and related Sub-Systems, Fuel and Air Systems, and Transmission Drive Systems.
– Inspects, maintains, repairs and services aircraft components including, but not limited to engines, fuel systems and mechanical components, and applies technical knowledge of airframe and power plant systems in determining equipment malfunctions and applies technical expertise in restoring equipment condition and operation.
– Apply professional technical expertise and guidance to solve complex problems by interpreting technical data such as blueprints or manufacturers manuals / specifications.
– Performs inspections as required
– Perform other qualified duties as required and to assist other work centers as required which could include troubleshooting, repairing, servicing and maintaining airframe, hydraulic, pneumatic, flight control, and landing gear systems
Essential Functions and Skills
– KC-130 Power Line Mechanic Training (MOS 6216) and associated “C” school training
– Shall have the ability perform complex O-level maintenance actions.
– Must possess a level of experience necessary to inspect and sign off work in all assigned aircraft systems.
– Familiarity with the Naval Aviation Maintenance Program (NAMP) or equivalent.
– Be a U.S. citizen
– If a Veteran, must have earned an honorable discharge (preferred) but no less than a General discharge under Honorable conditions.
– Possess a good knowledge of squadron organization and functions and be able to deal effectively with others.
– Perform other duties as assigned.
– Must be able to prioritize workload to maintain schedules on assigned projects.
– Possess a valid state driver’s license, obtain and maintain base access.
This position requires normal physical functions. Work may require frequent bending, reaching and climbing. May frequently lift and carry items weighing up to fifty pounds and occasionally lift heavier items with the assistance of other workers. Work may be performed on top or under equipment in cramped or awkward positions. Normal color perception required. While performing the duties of this job, the employees is regularly required to sit, use hands and fingers to handle or feel, and to talk or hear.
Work Environment (ADA): May be required to work in areas in the hangar and on the flightline that are noisy and dusty. May be exposed to moderate discomforts, such as heat, cold and wind. May be required to wear personal protective equipment, when applicable.