Chesapeake, VA 23320
Salary: $19.00 to $25.00 /hour
Roles and Responsibilities:
Provides technical oversight, Quality Assurance surveillance, and administrative reporting in accordance with NAVSEA 9090-310 and Navy Standard Items as delineated in the Government’s Statement of Work. Additional support may include, but is not limited to, oversight of contracted labor and hands on assistance for Flight Deck Aviation Certifications (AVCERT) related work which may include troubleshooting, repair, refurbishment, and replacement of components.
- Secure electrically, identify, tag, disconnect and remove Aircraft Power Cables and record electrical hook-up data. Accomplish a visual inspection of cable, repair or replace as required, reinstall using the hook-up data retained and test IAW SI 009-73.
- Secure electrically, troubleshoot, repair, refurbish, or build and replace power panels or controllers IAW SI 009-36.
- Perform cableway inspections as required before, during, and after work is accomplished on various systems IAW DOD-STD-2003 NAVY ESPIM.
- Secure electrically, identify, tag, disconnect and pull back from nearest termination point, the existing electrical cable circuits through existing deck penetrations (2 each) requiring repair or replacement and record electrical hook-up data, for deck penetrations that are currently broken off. Reinstall cables using the hook-up data retained.
- Remove any unused and/or broken off stuffing tubes in well deck areas and weld inserts in place of removed stuffing tubes.
- Accomplish a visual inspection of cable penetrations for structural integrity, deterioration, pitting, cracks, and areas of damage or distortion and repair or replace as necessary to ensure they are watertight.
- Provide oversight of contracted labor and hands on assistance for Flight Deck AVCERT certifications assistance that will include troubleshooting, repairs, refurbishments, and replacements for Deck Edge Blue lights, Deck Edge Flood and Pancake lights, Tram Line lights, Rotary Beacons, Spot Pad lights and associated Dimmer Controls, Stern Drop Down lights, Overhead Floodlights, Low Pressure Sodium Floodlights, Homing Beacons, Aft Athwartship lights, Nozzle Rotation Line lights, Safe Parking Line lights, Port and Starboard Edge lights, 1MC and 5MC Speakers Systems, and the replacement of various internal electronic components to include lights bulbs, connectors, filters, and all other components designated in NAVAIR 51-50AAA-1, as well as sand blasting, priming and painting of assemblies, and connector installations per lights and speakers.
- Provide oversight and hands on experience for 400HZ and 28VDC Aircraft and Helicopter Electrical Service Stations (AESS/HESS) and their associated systems and components repairs, refurbishments, and testing and Large Amphib-class ships Well Deck LCAC and LCU Electrical and Mechanical upgrades and for Hangar Bay and Well Deck Lighting SCD Upgrades for Night Vision Imaging System (NVIS) compatible lighting installations as requested by the Surface Aviation Community (SAC)
- Maintain tool accountability of all personal and company related tools.
- Scrupulously follow all electrical tag-out procedures.
- Possess a thorough understanding of all Safety, FOD, Tool Control, HAZMAT/ HAZWASTE, NAVOSH procedures related to work assigned.
- Follow all company programs and directives as required to ensure safe and efficient maintenance operations.
- Work with contractor(s) in the support of daily maintenance actions, managing all aspects of local company and command policies and administrative processing as set forth for safe and efficient maintenance procedures.
- Complete assigned maintenance actions properly and accurately.
- Coordinate with and work in support of respective ship’s force personnel, possessing and applying relevant skills and knowledge in support of all Hull, Mechanical & Electrical related maintenance operations. Provide full support in the assignment, direction, and completion of maintenance objectives. Comply with all maintenance, administration, and operational procedures as established.
- Act as a liaison between contracted labor employees and ship’s force personnel to ensure continuity and mutual support and that the maintenance effort is a coordinated process.
- Coordinate, schedule, and support all required maintenance actions with AVMAC LLC Program/Project Manager (PM).
- Compile and present information to ship’s force personnel and to the PM as required.
- Work independently with minimal direction.
- Interpret drawings and schematics for work assigned.
- Receive and route communications to AVMAC LLC personnel as required.
- Travel and support all AVMAC LLC maintenance operations as directed.
- Comply with policies and procedures as set forth in the corporation’s Handbook of Policy and Procedure, and Quality Control Plan.
- Work, cooperate and communicate, as directed by the PM, with other supervisors, team leaders, and coworkers satisfactorily.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Program/Project Manager.
- Potentially some travel involved.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- If a Veteran, must have earned an honorable discharge (preferred) but no less than a General discharge under Honorable conditions.
- NAVSEA Fiber Optic Certification (Required)
- NAVSEA Cableway Certification (Required)
- Possess a thorough knowledge of shipboard electrical troubleshooting and repair procedures.
- Possess extensive knowledge of electrical theory.
- Possess working knowledge of technical publications, blueprints and schematics.
- Must be able to prioritize workload to maintain schedules on assigned projects.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain base access.
AVMAC LLC is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled.
All qualified job seekers are encouraged to apply. AVMAC is committed to America’s Veterans by providing opportunities for them to continue contributing after service to our nation. We also work to provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities.