San Diego, CA
Functions: Operate/monitor Naval Aviation Command Information System (NALCOMIS OOMA) system. Perform daily screening of Maintenance Action Forms and Naval Flight Records (NAVFLIRS) for completeness and correctness. Process daily 3M submissions of MAF’s and NAVFLIRS to Data Services. Perform daily back-up of NALCOMIS database from Host system and restore to Alternate Host. Perform weekly full back-up last working day of each week. Perform periodic diagnostics and maintenance of NALCOMIS hardware. Provide maintenance data analysis, analyze positive/negative maintenance trends and provide statistical summaries as required.
- Ability to provide the local expertise necessary to resolve system and functional related problems and ensure smooth operations related to NALCOMIS systems
- Sufficient knowledge and experience to effectively conduct primary functions and responsibilities and to provide qualitative and quantitative analytical information to the Aircraft Maintenance Officer in accordance with the CNAFINST 4790.2 Series.
- Responsible for data management and statistical analysis of aircraft maintenance-related actions from NALCOMIS and similar data warehouses.
- Collects and maintains maintenance data for use in analytical reports, studies and problem identification.
- Works with civilians, USN and USMC maintenance personnel using statistical techniques, interprets findings from data, identifies trends and significant deviations and recommends corrective action(s).
- Analyzes deficiencies in areas such as equipment performance, materiel consumption, scheduling, management, and resources; their impact on the maintenance mission; and results of their corrective actions.
- Prepare visual presentations, written reports and special studies used for required briefings and reports.
- Three years of experience within the last five years, as a SA/A working with the Naval Aviation maintenance data collection system.
- A strong working knowledge of NALCOMIS OOMA, DECKPLATE, and F-18 Automated Maintenance Environment (FAME)
- Proficient with Microsoft, Word, Excel, Powerpoint,
- High school graduate or equivalent. Specialized training courses are required.
- Formally trained in Maintenance Data System procedures to include NALCOMIS, data processing capabilities, and the techniques of statistical analysis.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands and fingers to handle or feel, and to talk or hear.
Work Environment (ADA):
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office environment
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.