Chesapeake, VA 23320
Salary: $15.00 to $19.00 /hour
Role and Responsibilities
AVMAC’s Accounting Assistant will be responsible for assisting and supporting the Chief Financial Officer and Staff Accountant in performing multiple administrative and accounting functions to ensure efficient, cost effective and professional office operations. The Accounting Assistant’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for assisting and performing day-to-day administrative and accounting functions to ensure accurate, efficient and timely processes.
- Perform various daily, weekly and monthly administrative functions and process all or some of the following: timekeeping, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, contracts, material billings, and purchasing card transactions to ensure accuracy and timely completion in accordance with established procedures and compliance with Company policy and General Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Provide accurate and timely communication to the Staff Accountant on relevant issues to ensure key information is disseminated.
- Assist field operations with informational inquiries to ensure productive work environment.
- Perform job set ups, contract billings and A/R collections to ensure accuracy, timeliness and cost effectiveness.
- Assist with internal audits and self-audits of all business functions to ensure that established internal controls are followed to maintain compliance with AVMAC’s policies and procedures.
- Assist other functional leaders with administrative functions including Human Resources, Operations, and Business Development to ensure efficiency and accuracy.
- Provide purchasing/ shipping/ receiving support, for field operations as needed to ensure productive work environment. Depending on work location.
- High school diploma, or equivalent (Required)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance (preferred)
- 4-6 years administrative/office experience (required)
- Proficient in Microsoft Dynamics – Business Central (preferred)
- 2 years’ experience in accounting or related field (preferred)
- Proficient in Word and Excel (required)
- Proficient in utilizing QuickBooks (preferred)
- Proficient in utilizing QuickBase (preferred)
- Strong Written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to problem-solve
- Ability to effectively handle and prioritize multiple tasks and projects.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Able to read and understand technical forms and financial reports
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment (ADA):
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands and fingers to handle or feel, and to talk or hear.
- Office environment
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.